As a parent, guardian or legal custodian, you can expect that:
- A GAL will communicate with you regarding the child's needs and your efforts to meet those needs.
- A GAL may also communicate with teachers, counselors, therapists, doctors, and anyone else who has relevant information.
- A GAL will listen to your concerns.
- if you are a person who wants custody or visitation, the Guardian ad Litem will confer with you about this child.
- A Guardian ad Litem will make reports concerning the child to the court.